Award Set-up in UFIRST
- When the Division of Sponsored Programs (DSP) receives an award, a UFIRST-generated email is sent that prompts you to log into UFIRST and complete the Award SmartForm.
- Open the actual award document and verify that the UFIRST record agrees with all information, making corrections as needed.
- If there are multiple PIs with subprojects, set them all up now.
- This is the time to flag any issues!
- For details, see the UFIRST Awards Manual.
myUFL Accounting Set-up
- After you submit the award for review, it will proceed to DSP and then Contracts & Grants (C&G) for integration into the accounting system.
- When you receive another UFirst-generated email stating that the award has been released into myUFL, the process is complete.
- That email will provide a summary of the new project.
Combination Codes for Payroll
- A day or two after that, you will receive another email that contains the project’s combination code.
- You are now able to distribute payroll to the new project.
- You are also able to create subawards at this stage.
- UFIRST Awards Manual
- Award Compliance Form
- Creating a New Project
- Creating a New Subaward
- FCOI Certification
- Multiple Combination Codes
- Multiple Combination Codes Simulation
Have a resource to contribute? Need a resource not listed here? Let us know!