When managing an award, there are HR implications for any actions involving employees paid from or committed to a sponsored program. Recruiting and hiring a post doc, appointing a graduate student, and terminating a grant funded position are just a few of the HR considerations an administrator should be mindful of.
Instruction guides for creating and approving a position, evaluating applicants and others.
This guide summarizes the principles governing graduate assistantships at UF, including some helpful rules to remember as well as examples of GA work versus student assistant (STAS) work.
CAS Exemptions: Administrative and Clerical Salaries
- Directive Statement
- Office of Research Statement
- Job Codes Normally Not Directly Charged
- UFIRST Instruction Guide – Requesting a CAS exemption
RAFT Forum – Hiring and Paying Fellows
- Recorded Forum – 09/07/16
- PowerPoint Presentation
Resources in Development
- Termination guide – who needs to know?
- List of scientific recruitment sites
Have a resource to contribute? Need a resource not listed here? Let us know!