One of the biggest advantages to utilizing advance releases of funds and/or temporary extensions of time (commonly referred to as an “advance” or “temp”, respectively) is the ability to provide continuous commitment accounting for individuals paid on sponsored research. Advances and temps reduce the rate of payroll cost transfers (aka retros) and allow for stronger project oversight.
- UFIRST Live – Dive in! Access the live tool with your gatorlink credentials.
- UFIRST Beta – Not sure which option to choose or how something will behave? Training a new employee? Utilize the beta environment to test things out or demonstrate actions without affecting the live records.
- Unit Fiscal Authority (UFA) – Use this tool to determine the UFA(s) assigned to your department. NOTE: If using your 4-digit department ID returns no results, try backing up to the college level, using only the first two digits.
Resources in Development
- Making the case for advances/temps – tips for how to encourage your unit leaders to embrace the use of this powerful management tool.
- Mitigating the damage – steps to take if the funding falls through.
- Unit-specific processes – a toolkit which lists processes individual units have in place that you may need to be aware of when collaborating.
Have a resource to contribute? Need a resource not listed here? Let us know!