In order to conduct research safely and in compliance with regulatory requirements, there are many trainings that need to be completed by faculty and researchers prior to and during the conduct of the research.
Staff who process proposals, administer grant awards, and negotiate contracts and other research-related agreements in support of this research also need to complete required training.
In addition to required training, there are several other supplemental training opportunities that can be helpful to clinical researchers and their support staff.
CTSI Training Programs
- Career Pathways for Research Professionals
- Clinical Research Professionals Advisory Council
- CTSI Translational Workforce Development
- Informed Consent Training
- Study Coordinator Development
- Study Coordinator Roles in Research
- Clinical Research Billing Compliance Series
- Cost Principles
- Effort Fundamentals
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Export Controls
- Financial Conflict of Interest
- HIPAA and Privacy – General Awareness
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Intellectual Property
Research Administration & Coordination Training
- Grant Writing Please contact the Division of Research Program Development if you are interested in this training.
- OnCore Training OnCore is a web-based clinical research management system that manages multiple aspects of Human Subjects Research and Clinical Trials including protocols, participants, sponsor invoicing, data, and specimens. The UF Office of Clinical Research (OCR) is responsible for OnCore implementation, support, and training. OnCore Training Webpage
- Research Billing Compliance Training – All UF personnel who work on Human Subjects Research and Clinical Trials that involve protocol-required patient-based services must complete Research Billing Compliance certification on a biennial basis (once every two years). RBC Training Webpage
- RAFT – Research Administration & Financials Training The Division of Sponsored Programs and Contracts & Grants offer a variety of training and professional development opportunities that provide research administrators throughout the university with “a lifeline” to the research community. RAFT Website
Required Research Training
- Epic – General
- Epic – Research Billing Functionality
- Human Subjects Payments
- IRB myIRB System
Have a resource to contribute? Need a resource not listed here? Let us know!