Registration is still open for the UF Sponsored Programs Administration workshop, Becoming a Valued and Trusted PI Partner, which will take place on on February 25, 2020, 8:30 am – 12:00 pm at the Straughn Professional Development Center.
Registration closes on February 18th, 2020 so don’t wait – register today!
Join UF Research at the inaugural workshop series for administrators who work in the sponsored programs support community. In this interactive workshop, you will have a chance to hear the perspective of several Principal Investigators, work through job-related challenges with your peers, and learn valuable ways to empower your support of sponsored programs at UF.
Topics covered will include:
- Getting Inside the Mind of the PI
- Position yourself to be an indispensable asset as you hear how a PI thinks and learn about their priorities.
- The Value of Courageous Conversations
- Conducting difficult conversations with successful outcomes will position you to be a trusted resource and help mold an effective team.
- Making Meetings Work
- Discover how to prepare for and conduct meetings that respect everyone’s time and gets things done using effective tools and techniques.
Parking: There will be reserved parking regardless of what decal you have. However, the spots are limited so carpooling or campus cab is highly encouraged. In addition there are both green and blue decal parking lots just north of the Straughn Center. Orange and blue decals are allowed to park in the green decal lot.
- Ronda C. Mitchell, M.Ed.
- Grants Training Manager
- UF Human Resource Services
- Training & Organizational Development